pneumatic connectors fittings
Since the beginning of time My dad started using Lincoln style connectors and so I used them for 50 years. Now made by Coilhose but are being discontinued.
If I decide to replace everything there will be many many fittings.
They have been great but now what do I do??
what style is the absolute most common, dependable, and readily available?
would like to stay with 1/4"
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
I have used Milton brand (style) couplings for over 50 years both for home use and in a previous life in a service shop environment.

They have served me well, are readily available by brand and interchangeable/compatible versions at H-F.

Milton M-Style Couplings
I use the m style as well but there are better versions to use that allow more airflow especially in an automotive or other setting where tools use lots of air.
I changed over last year and am using Milton V style high flow. They're available at reasonable prices from some Amazon vendors, Hire's automotive is the one I used if I remember correctly.
Availability is going to depend on your location, and perhaps even on your industry. Once upon a time, when I put together my shop, I talked to a couple of folks from Prevost regarding this subject. From them I gathered that popularity of a given standard was a very regional thing. I don't recall what was popular where. I simply went with the fittings which would give me the best airflow numbers. That was 15 years ago, so the odds are the airflow numbers have gone up all across the board by now (the quick disconnect fittings are the bottleneck in the system--different manufacturers have different designs).

Prevost's options in their regular line.
I also use the Milton M series. Never had any luck getting any from HF to match up with them as mentioned above though.

At the time I made my choice there were about three or four ways to go locally, including HF, which I knew from experience I would NOT pick.
I chose the M simply because I would recall which one based on my first initial! Not because of any great knowledge of what works, etc.

No problems thus far.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me
I changed all of my mixed brands (because of leakage) to Milton type T and never had another problem. I get them from tooltopia.com
BillN said:

I changed over last year and am using Milton V style high flow. They're available at reasonable prices from some Amazon vendors, Hire's automotive is the one I used if I remember correctly.

Same here.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks everyone,
going to use Milton M
looks like tooltopia.com has everything and the best prices
I can also find M style locally if needed
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop