Routing panel door order with adjustable bits
I have a set of freud rail and style bits and a raised panel with back cutter bits. All 3 are adjustable by using the included shims. What order do you route the pieces in and how do you know what the adjust? ie If you do the panel first what criteria do you use to know how many (if any) shims to use.
Rail and stile cuts first

Then you can determine the true slot width and adjust the panel set to accommodate it.

edit to add: the rail and stile groove width is not adjustable, it is a static width. that is why you need to grooves , so you can determine the true thickness of the panel tongue
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Thanks for the quick response Joe.

I'm a little confused then. Aren't the shims on the pic below to adjust the groove width?

And as an aside, I've seen a video stating set the rail bit so that it left an 1/8" shoulder. Is there a hard and fast rule on setting the initial height of the rail bit? Or do you prefer to use the stile bit first?
Leave it to Freud to create a backasswards setup......

OK you can adjust the groove when you have a pair of cutters as you show.

I would shoot for a 1/4" wide groove and then shim the cope (rail end) set to fit tightly.

As for the last question I do shoot for 1/8~3/16" on the back so I agree with the instructions. Thinner makes it weaker and at times harder to assemble.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy