Mesquite bench for some friends
I made this for some very good friends. I used it as a prototype for the dining room table and bench Im making for my wife.

I know some of you do not like the turquoise when used like this but she wanted it and personally I think it works well because it is subtle. My table and bench will use black instead.

Also first time I have use iron with wood.

Overall I am very pleased with it and our friends are thrilled and love it so that is all that matters

C&C's welcome

Thanks for looking

Robert
NICE

thanks for sharing

Brian
Beautiful. I like how the feet are black, matching the stair steps. Looks like it belongs there. I love mesquite! As a turner, mesquite is very expensive. Makes me want to move back to Texas, where it was essentially free. My dad and I used to go around to construction sites with a chain saw. They would let us take all we wanted, because they'd otherwise have to pay to get it cleared.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thank you both. Legs and stairs are dark brown (not that it matters)

Unfortunately in this part of Texas it's not that easy to find but I do love turning and building with it.
Great use of the natural edge on the front, and I love the filled voids!
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
The bench much looks great! Any chance you can so a picture how you attached the legs to the top?
Fill your heart with compassion, seek the jewel in every soul, share a word of kindness, and remember; the people's what it's about.
Capt. Tony Tarracino

Sweet bench!
paarker said:

The bench much looks great! Any chance you can so a picture how you attached the legs to the top?

Thanks. Will do
Mesquite and turquoise are like peanut butter and jelly. Made for each other.
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
I not only appreciate the turquoise, but the fact that you embraced the imperfections of the board, and didn't just saw off the wane edge. I like, and it certainly does fit the surroundings well.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW