Worksharp sanding disks
meackerman said:

have you tried a hairdryer/heatgun to soften the adhesive first?

What he said^^^^. I use a heat gun to get most of it, then a little acetone to clean up the remnants.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Put the disc in the freezer for a day, what doesn't peel right off comes off really quickly with one of these. Remember you have frozen glass, not necessarily a problem, unless you drop it into hot water, sometimes goes crackkkkkkkk.

BTW if you can get that brand, even if it is 5 times what all those other POS cost, buy them, awesome little scrapers, and the blade stays where you want it. I got them at Menards, not sure if they still have them though.

P.S. works removing from glass or a metal disc sander disc.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
What brand is it? I can't make out the brand on the picture.
Now that's a novel idea Steve and your timing is perfect. Into the freezer they go.
I have a scraper just like that one. Maybe not the same brand.

When I scrape with it the blade wants to retract by itself. Very annoying.

I like the ones that screw the blade down tight and don't retract. Less moving parts.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".

https://www.woodworkingshop.com/search.aspx?q=psa+rolls

For higher grits, I make my own discs as well.

fredhargis said:

That was as high as they went the last time I bought some from them. Klingspor was my go-to place for WS discs until Steve N brought up the micro mesh ones. they are so much better made they have become my standard.....much longer life than Klingspor.

Rchan63 said:

What brand is it? I can't make out the brand on the picture.

The pic I used was from HD They say Stanley. This looks a lot like mine, but it isn't it. These are junk, but they look like the mine, so look before buying.

Mine says AMERICAN LINE at the bottom.

Link to Amazon

Unfortunately looking through Google images I see quite a few that are marked Stanley, or DO NOT have the "Use caution when changing blade, Made in USA" at the top, which are likely made by Stanley with another name.

This one is likely from American line, see the text at the top. But it is called a PERSONNA? I'm thinking the Made in USA is the difference.

But to be certain the one from Amazon is exactly like mine. The difference between these and the junk is the button, pushed forward it allows the blade to be changed, but when you pull it back, initially it is like the others, and you could get blade slippage. Note the 2 indents on either side of the pics of mine, and the PERSONNA when the button gets to that spot, you both feel, and hear a click. Until you depress the button that blade is locked. Shifting it all the way back, closes the blade completely, and until you press the button it will not slip forward. IOW the button does something. The jaws also work, and they hold the blade firmly from just getting shoved into the handle as you push forward. Quality.

GW
Figured out the difference PERSONNA is the American Line, across the pond, UK version of same scraper.

GW
Just found this thread. Steve, do you skip from the 400 grit to the 1500 micro mesh?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I'm using the Klingspor disks right now. As others have said, they are not the easiest to peel off. They don't seem to wear as well or last as long and the worksharp brand, but for the price I think they are a better value. IMO, they work ok, not great but they get the job done. I don't normally go past 600. Maybe if I had more plates I would. If I want something sharper than that, I go to the water stones and I have the leather disk.