part(s) for 550 porter cable pocket cutter
I recently purchased a like new PC 550 pocket cutter for $40.00. It's missing both fences. E Replacment parts has it discontinued. It looks real simple and I bet I can make one if someone has the dimensions, and or pictures. The part number is 8777948. Much appreciated.
How about a bump in case someone missed the first.

Thanks
Rick Whitehead on SMC had one. PM him.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/member.php?2...-Whitehead

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

toolmiser said:

I recently purchased a like new PC 550 pocket cutter for $40.00. It's missing both fences. E Replacment parts has it discontinued. It looks real simple and I bet I can make one if someone has the dimensions, and or pictures. The part number is 8777948. Much appreciated.

Sold mine some years ago. Yes those fences were simple straps. Seems like about 1/8x1.
I never used mine, always just eyeballed the wood placement.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm the guy BloomimgtonMile referred you to on Sawmill Creek.
Here are some photos of the base and guides of my P-C 550:

The guides are just two strips of powder-coated steel, 3/16" thick by 1-1/2" wide by 7-1/2" long. They each have two slots 5/16" wide by 3/4" long, matching the slots in the base. The carriage bolts are 1/4-20 X 1", and the plastic knobs are about 1" in diameter. I think you could use wing nuts and washers if you couldn't find suitable knobs.
Hope this helps!
Rick
I've got one and I'll try to get some pics of it tonight.

Actually I just remembered I sold it. Crud.
Not really needed anyway Curly with the post above lol.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.