New Bosch Colt
Not widely available yet. Looks like it improves the depth adjustment and adds a little more grunt.

<Link>

Depth adjustment on the original Colt was my only complaint.
The link says revolutionary depth adjustment, but then doesn't even show how it's done. It's not even on the Bosch website. Would rather hold one in my hands before I get one.

I do have the same complaint you do about the original Colt - the depth adjustment is finicky.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
AHill said:

The link says revolutionary depth adjustment, but then doesn't even show how it's done. It's not even on the Bosch website. Would rather hold one in my hands before I get one.

I do have the same complaint you do about the original Colt - the depth adjustment is finicky.

Yep, I wouldn't order one without at least seeing it and preferably after reading some reviews.
BillN said:

[blockquote]AHill said:

Yep, I wouldn't order one without at least seeing it and preferably after reading some reviews.

[/blockquote]

It wouldn't take much to improve on the depth adjuster of the old one as it blew chunks. The threads on the housing on mine are pretty much gone the the adjustment is quite problematic.

Like you I would definitely want to lay my hands upon one before I dropped the coin.
chris
Replaced mine with a DeWalt dwp611 fixed/plunge kit. Much happier.
Bob DeViney said:

I wondered if Bosch would make a combo unit. Their plunge is pretty pricy on its own.
Bob DeViney said:

I bought the Dewalt kit too. I still have the Colt but don't use it much, I should probably sell it.
The 611 fixed base has an adapter for dust collection above the base so you can still use it while routing the inside of small holes. That is why I switched. The 611 is larger though.

I really never had an issue setting the colt depth. I thought it was pretty simple - turn, adjust, turn.

99% I leave a roundover bit in them for edges and I do not touch the depth much.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Bob DeViney said:

I bought the 611 kit also, unfortunately the plunge base is missing a bushing so it has way to much play to be useful.
I called customer service in July and have been waiting on a replacement base since then.

I would have been happy with the bushing but some genius decided that bushing didn't need a part number, so they couldn't supply just that.

Otherwise I really like the dewalt

Duke
Jonny Rocket said:

[blockquote]Bob DeViney said:

I wondered if Bosch would make a combo unit. Their plunge is pretty pricy on its own.

[/blockquote]

They do make a combo unit they run $160 - $180. You're certainly right about the plunge base being pricy by itself.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosch-6-5-Amp...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

I didn't know it was a die grinder