Substitute for Mineral Spirits in Socal?
I finally ran out of Mineral spirits and didn't realize they banned that too in Socal. What alternatives do you guys use? I used it alot for final wipe down of a piece after sanding so the alternative would have the same properties. Thanks
Looks like the name "Mineral Spirits" is disappearing. Paint Thinner is readily available in Orange County. Warning - read the reviews before purchasing the "Green" stuff.
Ok that's what I was leaning towards. As I understand it, it is just a less refined, stinkier version of mineral spirits?
For a wipe-down to see what the wood will look like after I apply finish, I use denatured alcohol.
Ever looked at what lighter fluid is?
jussi said:

I finally ran out of Mineral spirits and didn't realize they banned that too in Socal. What alternatives do you guys use? I used it alot for final wipe down of a piece after sanding so the alternative would have the same properties. Thanks

Time for a road trip.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Robert Adams said:

Lighter fluid is Naphtha.
I use alcohol or MS interchangeably depending on which is at hand.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
What are they protecting you from now? Fire, fumes, known carcinogen, or just chapped red skin if you play in it too long?

Happy to live in Ohio, they let us live dangerously
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Herb G said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

Lighter fluid is Naphtha.

[/blockquote]

Should have specified since I'm not a smoker. Charcoal lighter fluid which most brands is mineral spirits.