Woodworking Transforms Lives
This was on the Indianapolis ABC affiliate news last night.
I'm not sure how long the video link will remain active, but an inspiring story none the less.
Indy Man Teaches Life Skills Through Woodworking
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
Gotta wonder how much his .gubmit grant is for. Pretty smart if you have a good shop, and an incredibly high $$$$ insurance policy.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

Gotta wonder how much his .gubmit grant is for. Pretty smart if you have a good shop, and an incredibly high $$$$ insurance policy.

Guess I missed any inference to a Government Grant since it's a registered Non-profit, mission based organization. As for insurance, one would assume no different than any other "business" of this nature...
If you continue to cut corners, you'll end up going in circles!

It's my thumb so I'll hit it if I want to!
My brother in law works for Wheeler Mission as well. He runs a pallet refurbirshing plant in southern Indiana. It is a program similar to this except the men can live there as well, receive work, ministry, training. It is self sustaining, and faith based. No government support necessary.
Dave

Thanks. That's very interesting and encouraging.

Doug
You can easily get grants for non-profits. It's one thing my daughter #2 does for a living. She has only worked for non-profits.

Even out church has gotten some for certain events. These events have to be open to the neighborhood.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
This man's shop is in my district. I've been in the shop. Lots of nice goodies. He struck me as a man of quiet confidence. He gets lots of wood donated... as well as supplies. I still need to go set up a lathe for him at some point.

911... Never Forget