Wipe on Poly application
I like to use wipe on poly for bowl finishes. What is recommended for lint-free application? I have been using pieces of old tee shirts, but it leaves lint in the finish.

With oil finishes, the lint buffs away.

Ideas? Thanks.
Those ubiquitous blue shop towels (the paper ones) that are in all automotive departments and parts stores. Lint free and cheap. Been using them for years, but heard about them on one of these forums.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
What Fred said. Blue shop paper towels work great; no lint. I'm finishing a large slab at the moment with Arm-R-Seal. It's taking forever but that's another story. Anyway, along the way I learned that the best way to use the paper towels is to wad one up and put it inside another to make a rubber like you would for French polishing. That gives you a nice smooth pad on the outside of around 2-1/2" diameter and it holds enough finish when you dip it to cover a pretty good size area. The same approach ought to work well for finishing bowls, perhaps with a slightly smaller rubber. Just a thought.

John
Unless you have old percale sheets that are worn out by being washed hundreds or times cloth is not lint free. I've used the blue shop towels, rags in a box and I accidentally bought a huge number of micro fiber clothes. All work well. Like john I make a pad and use the LV cotton wipes as the filler.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes