? for Rockler store shoppers
I have a current flier that shows a DeWalt 20 amp drill, and impact driver kit model # DCK280C2. They have a deal saying bring in any old drill and get $100.00 off toward this set until 11/25/15 in store only.

It's this set

My question is, has anyone done this deal, and are they taking the 100 bux off this $249.00 price?

Of course I can call Monday, but putting it here may alert someone who didn't know to this deal, if in fact it is one.

Comparatively this Sears offering was the next best I found Maybe I'm alone in this, but I have several POS battery operated drills I have collected over the years.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The 249.99 is the retail price so you should pay 149.99 with the trade in. The item on the Sears Outlet site is refurbished.
I haven't done it, but I've seen the pile of old drills in the Burnsville, MN store.
Thanks guys. I work today, might swing by on the way home if I can easily find a cheap drill before leaving.

GW
That's a good deal, but only 2 batteries for 2 tools. Seems like you'd want at least 3 batteries, so if you need both tools at the same time for a project, you're not swapping batteries all the time. I suppose you could buy an extra battery.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
seems like most combo and toolsets only come with 2 batteries.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Last year at Christmas this set, but with 3 batteries was a huge Black Friday deal at 99 bux.

Only time I have ever seen that though.

GW
AHill said:

That's a good deal, but only 2 batteries for 2 tools. Seems like you'd want at least 3 batteries, so if you need both tools at the same time for a project, you're not swapping batteries all the time. I suppose you could buy an extra battery.

Extremely rare to have 3 batteries in a kit. Sometimes there are special packages that include a third. But you will end up getting a third as imo even with only 2 tools I always like to see a battery in the charger. But with lithium batteries it's not as big of a deal as battery life is many times better than nicad.
I did not do the Rockler deal in the past. But I did do the ACE version. Picked up the little 12 volt dewalt max screwdriver for about $60. traded in my 12 volt PC. They ran a similar special about 2 weeks later for the same price, if you were a rewards member. It was cheaper than batteries alone so I picked up another. I have since bought the little LED on Amazon and the USB charger on clearance at the Orange. Total cost about $160. I prefer my M12 and M18 toys though. Might have switched, but the 12 volt max line still does not have larger batteries or brushless yet. I just picked up the new M12 screwdriver regular though on clearance at the Orange store for $49, with 2 batteries charger and soft case. Dan