spruce burl
Oiled and buffed spruce burl bowl. 11"

That's beautiful wood and beautiful work as well!
Steve K

Very well done.
That is some nice stuff.

I am wondering what Beatle Kill Pine would look like turned?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Well done!
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
Ya done good sir, keep it up.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Pinky - VERY NICE !!!
Beautiful form and chunk of wood
Where did you find the burl?
David
Some woman bought a huge storage locker full of them as firewood. literally thousands of them. Someone told her what she had and I saw an ad on craigslist. Went over and a majority of them were soft and punky. I bought around 10 of them. I called her a few weeks later to go back and she said all were gone.
pinky said:

Some woman bought a huge storage locker full of them as firewood. literally thousands of them. Someone told her what she had and I saw an ad on craigslist. Went over and a majority of them were soft and punky. I bought around 10 of them. I called her a few weeks later to go back and she said all were gone.

Close relative of the cherry growths, as I see it. Not sure if it's injury or fungus that causes them, like the cherry, but a lot of them are white hollow, too. I've seen some with a real solid "birdseye" secondary budding, but most of them are like yours.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Nice score for sure