Hearing protection w/bluetooth, looking for recommendations
I have a set of muffs similar to the old worktunes. They are in need of replacement and I'd like to move to something that is cordless. Bluetooth & AM/FM would be the preferred source requirements.

The array of options on Amazon is hard to make sense of. The reviews are conflicting and the selection is mixed with aviation and pretend military headsets.

Wondering if anyone has any experience or recommendations.
Shame on the men who can court exemption from present trouble and expense at the price of their own posterity's liberty! - Samuel Adams
I'm interested in this as well.

I have used the work around in the past of using small earbuds under earmuffs, but the wires pull.

So I would like some ear muffs with good nrr and Bluetooth.

Duke
Been through several work tunes. The white ones were the worst quality. The pads were already split in the box.

I now use a version of the lg tone. They stop most noise for most working. The ones I have are a copy but have better sound and bass than the lgtone. They are the bhs930. I use them all the time. Much happier with it than the lg. Can connect to two devices to it at the same time as well.
Robert Adams said:

Been through several work tunes. The white ones were the worst quality. The pads were already split in the box.

I now use a version of the lg tone. They stop most noise for most working. The ones I have are a copy but have better sound and bass than the lgtone. They are the bhs930. I use them all the time. Much happier with it than the lg. Can connect to two devices to it at the same time as well.

I have the lg set like that, and they are nice earphones, and even fit under muffs when making noise, but when you do this, the cord pulls when you turn your head.
Not really what you asked for, but I have a Howard Leight wired noise blocking headphone hearing protection set and a 6th gen iPod nano. That nano is one that was designed to fit on a watch band. I can clip the nano to the head phones, wrap up the cord and it is basically one unit. The nano does have radio. I got the head phones at Home Depot before Christmas last year for under $20. Here is an Amazon link. Howard Leight
JDuke said:

[blockquote]Robert Adams said:

I have the lg set like that, and they are nice earphones, and even fit under muffs when making noise, but when you do this, the cord pulls when you turn your head.

[/blockquote]

That's one of the things I like about the version I have. The wite clips to the band so if you need more length it just un clips and you have more than enough wire. I rarely put ear muggy on anymore as the ear buds block just as much noise as my work tunes. Back to back testing on the mower and I don't use my work tunes anymore and the muffler are nasty to wear when sweating as well which is most of the year here.

I also have a pair of the Howard light ones mentioned. They are ok. Better than the work tunes as the tuner is digital and just better. Playback Sound is reduced on all of them. They were usually around $50 at depot but this year they are around $25 and depot had them on the floor friday. The old regular price was way too high for an ok quality product. The battery cover isn't made well. You will have to glue in the spring steel latch as it will come out every time you open the cover.
I use the LG tone under earmuffs as well. Another option I saw March Spag do, and I may try in the future as well, is buy a set of earmuffs with a heaphone jack and plug in a bluetooth adpater to it.

http://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/videos/s...-upgrades/
I like his Bluetooth hack. Looks like he has the same muffs I have. I just need the Bluetooth adaptor.
As far as I can find, for REAL hearing protection with Bluetooth, you are looking at $300 plus.

Lowe's has a new brand of ear plugs (in Florida, muffs are too hot) that are corded, but also have the mic built in for phone calls. IIRC they are called "Tough Tested", and are comfortable and work well as hearing protection. The mic works very well for normal calls and I have found that even when using quieter machines, I can hold a conversation on the phone and the person on the other end does not even know, but they can hear me fine.

They run about $70.00 but work better than anything else I have tried. The cord to the phone is curled so it tends to catch less than my old E-A-R ear buds that did not have the mic.

Here is the Listing

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
I have the Ion Audio Tough Sounds headset. It's comfortable and sounds fairly decent.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski