What is everyone doing for shovel, rake etc. storage?
Once upon a time, I thought I had a good idea for my shovel, rake, D-handle tools, post hole digger, hoes etc. I fastened a 2x4 to my wall and screwed lag bolts in to it to hold the assorted tools. The trouble is it is taking up a whole wall in my shop and I could use that wall space for something else like shelves or a work bench. I know you guys are creative and I am hoping some of you will have suggestions I can use or hybridize. Thanks.
Garden shed. 16 penny nails. Hang by business end.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

meackerman said:

Yes this. Garden tools take up lots and lots of space on a wall. They will compact very nicely in one of these.
A 30 gal. Rubbermaid trash can on wheels. It will hold a ton of tools & you just wheel it where you need it.
its on sale at Lowes on Black Friday.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

In my new shed I use a double row of the Lowes Kobalt tracking. I got 24 rakes, tools, etc. crammed in about 4 feet wide. I use the double row because some tools need hung way up high like my normal rake. I have a couple of the hangers where you can stack 4-5 on the same hangers.

I'll try to get a pic or two and posts
2x4s sticking out from both sides of the stud, angled slightly upward. Tools with straight handles hang with the handle between the 2x4s. One 2x4 sticking out from stud for D handles. Several tools can be hung together. However they are hung together the one you want will be at the back of the stack.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
In my shed I have one of those stand alone contraptions that are made for those things. It has holes and slots. It is made of plastic but I had to secure it to the wall because the weight and the heat in the shed sort of pulled it down. Works well. I think I bought it in either Home Depot or Lowes. In my garage I have a couple shovels too but they hang on a wall with a nails in a board fastened to the wall. That works too. At my Mom's house we have pegboard around 2 walls and hang all kinds of stuff off it. That is actually probably more efficient because you can move things and hang all shaped things.

http://www.hayneedle.com/product/rubberm...olrack.cfm
John T.
I carefully store them in one of the many sheds where I have to search high and low and possibly find them.