Cherry burl
This is a cherry burl bowl that is 15" across. I added stitches to it after roughing it out to help hold together during the drying process. Dried pretty nicely over about 8 months. Turned again and sprayed with lacquer.

Nice!
Steve K

I really like it, but I do not think I want to see your woods anymore.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That's a really nice piece of wood, and you certainly did it justice! How did you make and install your stitches?
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I cut them with a biscuit joiner. I ran ebony through the drum sander til the thickness was right. I then traced a biscuit onto the ebony 3 times and then shaped them with the disc sander.
Really nice, I like the ebony stitches.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Great looking piece, you did a beautiful job. It don't hold soup so it is art, according to Yak.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Definitely
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.