finish for micrometer cases?
i have to build micrometer storage case. 12"l by 7" d by 10" high.
beings how this is going to be in a machine shop environment where it will get different oils on it im asking for opinions on what finish i should use that will be durable and the different oils wont harm.
GF Arm-R-Seal or EnduroVar. The Arm-R-Seal will take longer to cure but will look better unless you use something like shellac to pop the grain before using the EnduroVar.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
JR1 said:

GF Arm-R-Seal or EnduroVar. The Arm-R-Seal will take longer to cure but will look better unless you use something like shellac to pop the grain before using the EnduroVar.

thanks,jr. unfortunately i have to have the finish on this and out the door monday and dont have time to wait for delivery or drive to nearest gf retailer.
owner is more concerned with durability than looks. its just poplar anyways. not much there to pop.
Well you don't have many options with only 2 days to finish it. You are going to have to use lacquer or waterbased something, whether clear or paint. No oil based product will have enough to dry with a minimum of three coats.

No matter what you use it won't be fully cured by Monday. Even waterbornes need at least 3 days, and 7 is far better.

John
All the boxes we had for micrometers were made out of exterior plywood and painted green ( epoxy I think )