Anyone see this yet?
it’s the new 1799000, Powermatic PM-TJ Tenoning Jig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...-ZLSdR7EE4
Yeah. That's a lot of cash outlay for something that can be done much more cheaply, with a few minutes more setup time. I usually give my tenons a few swipes with a rabbet plane anyway.

Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
You like their new performax style sander in gold Fall?

You are Not trading for that beast of a 37" DD you have though!

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

BloomingtonMike said:

You like their new performax style sander in gold Fall?

You are Not trading for that beast of a 37" DD you have though!

Mike I am just pointing out the new jig I don’t need one or want one but it looked kind of cool.

No trading in on the sander just looking for a small one for very short parts and veneer. If I did down size the 38’’ WM I think I would go with a medium size sander and would go with one of the closed end 25×2 Double Drum SuperMax’s but I have not seen theirs or one of the gold ones in person….
To me it looks like the kind of gadgetry that is banned from my workshop because they cost too much and take up too much space in relation to it's usefulness.

I prefere to cut tennon with the workpiece held horizintally in a super solid cast iron tennoning sled bolted to the spindle moulder(shaper that is). There are guards all around the spinning cutters.
This is essentially the same setup turned 90 degrees with no guards wahatsoever and the worpiece being a lot less stable in it's vertical position guided only my the mitre slot.
Scary......If I got it for free I wouldn't dare to use this thing until I had built some heavy duty guards.
Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English