Help Me Fix My Oil Base Screw Up
Currently building a built in cabinet for the den. There'll be one cabinet on each side of the TV. I'm building one side, and then the other. I'm painting them white. I'm using the same paint that's on the trim in the house (SW ProMar 200)

The last time I went to SW to get more paint, they gave me akyld paint instead of water based akyld paint (unbeknownst to me at the time). So tonight I'm painting the top and face frame for the first cabinet. I mix the paint up to spray at about 12 oz of paint, 3 oz of Floetrol, and 1 oz of water. Remember, I was still under the impression that I was dealing with WB paint here.

Well you can see how the story is going now. Didn't realize the paint screw up until I tried to clean up the paint in the sink. What should I do? Paint looks kinda OK.

When I decide to redo the paint, how far do I have to go? The cabinet is built of MDF and I always use BIN primer. Do I just need to scratch the paint before painting again? Should I scratch the paint, then re-prime with BIN and then paint again?

I'm torn a little because I don't have any paint right now. And I religously only buy paint at SW when it's at least 30% off. Hence me having the gallon of oil base paint on hand for a while before using it.

What would you do?
I'd let it dry until it will sand without gumming up. Sand with 180-220 and spray it again. I'd nicely inform SW of their screw up and ask for a complimentary gallon. If they won't do complimentary, ask for a demo price which is probably "cost". I wouldn't worry too much. It shouldn't be difficult to fix. I don't think you'll need to reseal it again. The sanding will give you a good adhesion between the oil and waterborne finishes.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to let it dry all weekend. It's only supposed to get up to 45 deg here tomorrow, but by Monday afternoon, it should be ready to go again.

I started on this side b/c SWMBO mentioned that she's going to put the Christmas tree up next weekend, so it's got to get done by Thanksgiving.