Carl Bilderback RIP
Sad to hear of Carl's passing.
He was quite a fellow and will be missed
Greg

It's better to burn out than it is to rust

Danchris Nursery
Rest in Peace Carl.

You are already missed!
I couldn't have said it any better than John did.

We didn't talk all that often but those phone conversations we had about saws and life in general will be missed. I know I don't have to pray for Carl, I'm certain he's in a better place. I do know I need to pray for myself for guidance to aspire to be even half the man he was.
Take care,
Daryl
I think I posted this photo earlier, but I'll post it again. I had the pleasure of meeting Carl this summer at Handworks in Iowa. I bought this little 6 inch Disston from him. We spent quite a bit of time digging through his car. He had filled the trunk with several boxes of true rarities. We took all the stuff out, and chatted about each item. Really fun. Very glad for the opportunity to meet him. He truly was a very very nice person, easy to see even from the little time I got to spend with him. Even at the time we met, he talked about his illness and being at peace with whatever the outcome. Would loved to have spent more time with him, but so grateful for the little time I got. I have this feeling, that in the Great Woodshop, he's currently surrounded by thousands of Panther Head saws. He will be missed by so many.

Matt
" />
RIP Carl. You were a good man and a good friend.
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools", 

You have my sympathy Slav. I know you two were close, as I could tell from the time I met him at your shop. I didn't know him well but John's eulogy gave me insight to the man. I wish I had gotten to know him better.
Saul
Slav,

Very sorry to hear about your friend Carl. It sounds like this was a huge loss to the WWing community and mankind.

RIP
David
My condolences to his Family. I did not know him personally but enjoyed his articles that he wrote, I know he was a true Craftsman. RIP !

Steve
Very sad....I met Carl last February at an MWTCA meet..He had lots of friends.....
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Tomorrow there will be a memorial service for Carl at 11am at the Cuttler Funeral Home in La Porte Indiana. Sorry for the short notice, wish it was in the evening.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.