Panel Saw with Ebony handle
Hi Netters,

our latest saw. A 22" panel saw toothed at 7 tpi rip.

The handle shape is rather new. Currently we're at it to create another one for smaller panel saws. But I think, this fits rather well for saws with 22" or longer. The blade isn't tapered. Though it's only 0.032" thick, it feels pretty stiff and sturdy, we're happy with it.

As you might spot, this saw is one of our first ones that has a medallion. Like the screws the medallion is stainless steel that was polished.

Thanks for looking.
Klaus
Another beauty, Klaus. Great work.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I noticed the medallion straight away, Klaus. I think I like it better than the etch on the blade. Simple and classy.

Well done on the saw, too.

Blaine
How do I get one?
Is that your first Panel saw too?

This is really stunning and I hope to get one someday.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Is that with the ebony I just sent to you?

Great looking saw.
Cellulose runs through my veins!
Thanks for your comments!

SteveS said:

Is that with the ebony I just sent to you?

Actually this handle was made of older stock. The coming large handles will be done with the wonderful Ebony that you've sent to Germany I'm pretty sure that these will turn out even nicer since your stuff is darker with higher density as well

Here a few pics how the saw cuts. The wood is 1-3/4" thick (I'm not sure if it's larch or ash ) The cutting is quick and smooth, a pleasant thing.

Klaus
Klaus,

Your guys have done it again - beautiful saw!

Keep up the good work
David
Once again I am impressed with your work. A thing of beauty, Klaus.

The photography's not too shabby either
Outstanding - as usual!

Totally
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard