Hand Tool Workshop
This is a little video showing Jim Tolpin's shop that he built specifically for hand tools. Pretty cool stuff.

Hand Tool Heaven
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
I'm sure it was nice...wouldn't play for me.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
I like the tall leg vise he uses for joinery sawing...
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Scott W said:

I'm sure it was nice...wouldn't play for me.

There were periods where he was talking about doing a procedure, and I could here the saw, or plane, but it was on a frozen pic of him holding the tool. Not sure if it was meant to be that way, or there was a different view I wasn't getting. It was a strange vid. Too bad, I like Tolpin.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
In his book "The New Traditional Woodworker" Jim talks about the transition from his machinery background to hand tools. This video is an extension of that thought. It marks also my own transition from my machine shop to hand tools but at 82 I am a lot older and will not make another shop like he did. His book led me to try the small hand tool only table I posted a couple weeks ago. I haven't made the complete transition yet but I am working on it. I will probably keep the bandsaw. :-)
Cheers ...

Lyn Disbrow: Born in America ... a long long time ago

I visited his shop just before it was finished. He was making the windows at that time, by hand. Everything, done to the smallest molding, was proportioned from his house, which is one of the oldest ones still standing in Port Townsend. Jim pointed out the only piece of plywood in the shop at that time, and said 'it's days are numbered.'
Really great, thanks for sharing!

--------------------
"Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist, kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden."
Nice shop for sure, really neat and cozy. It has been a long time since ihave power tools my self.

Steve
Most enjoyable!
Ag
Very nice. Great way to spend one's days on earth.