Oopsies.
After finishing the last of the sanding on the trestle table I'm building, I started on glue-up.

I was gluing up and had my earmuff radio on. I had my wet rag handy, and had gotten one joint glued and wiped. I went and got more clamps, came back to more glue-up, and couldn't find my rag.

???

I looked everywhere. I am somewhat absent-minded, so I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I retraced my steps three or four times.

Turns out my 3 hp Griz Dust Collection is VERY powerful. Somewhere in that array of fancy non-grounded pipe is my glue-up rag. With the earmuffs on, I couldn't hear a thing.

Please tell me I am not the only knucklehead that does these sorts of things.
Hmmmmm, gotta say that never happened to me

Not to say I haven't pulled off a few no brain involved exploits.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Well - when the collector starts backing up, you'll at least know what to look for.
MountainWood said:

I looked everywhere. I am somewhat absent-minded, so I thought my mind was playing tricks on me. I retraced my steps three or four times.

I resemble that remark.
Phil S. said:

Well - when the collector starts backing up, you'll at least know what to look for.

That's how I deduced the problem. My suction just went to zero. Somewhere in that pipe there's a men's large T-shirt, wet, with traces of glue on it.
I think there is one thing in particular that every woodworker has done. Dumb, or smart, we've all done it. Seeing an accumulation of dust somewhere, we've all followed the natural urge to blow it away, only to get a face full of dust.
A self generated dust cloud in the eyes.
I can still distinctly remember the occasion, my fifteenth year in the trade, when I had the good sense to resist the urge.
I have never done anything dumb.

Well nothing I will admit to you guys anyway.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.