handwheel thread on Delta 46-460 Lathe
Does anybody know what the thread pitch and spindle diameter is on the Delta 46-460 handwheel ? Any comments on outboard use, e.g., installing a honing wheel?

Doug
If this is a full size lathe, the Deltas are usually 1x8 tpi with a left hand thread (on the outboard side). But it should be easy to measure and count if you have access to the spindle...

-Mark
If I had a signature, this wouldn't be it.
It is considered a Midi lathe and when I had mine I did take it apart but do not remember what it is on the thread. I know if you google it you will find out or it is in the manual.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
All,

It's just common old 3/4"-16 LH thread. Yes, I measured and counted threads. I thought I had a piece that should fit on it but it would not, so I was confused. I suspected metric. I bought a 3/4-16 nut today and it fit. Problem solved. I wanted to be sure before I ordered any attachments.

Funny story (sad, actually). I called Delta and the Senior Tech did not know the size of the outboard spindle. By way of explanation/excuse he said "We can never get them to send blueprints." Wait a minute. So Delta did not originate a detailed design when they contracted out production of this tool? So does that mean that they just buy some design from a Chinese trade show and put their badge on it? Interesting. Learn something every day. What I learned is that I am living in the past.

Happy Thanksgiving. Much to be thankful for.

Doug
Delta was bought out a few years back. (Of course, I bought this same lathe, so naturally they go out of business in short order - happens just about every time... ) I'm guessing he meant that the original Delta wouldn't send blueprints to the new Delta.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog