Best Way to Remove Minwax Water-Based Polycrylic
I have a customer who left a leaky bucket filled with water and OxyClean on the table top. It ate through and softened the Minwax water-based polycrylic to the point the he want me to refinish the top. What would be the best approach to stripping the old finish off? If using a stripper, which would you recommend? Thanks for the help.
Chaplain Doug

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13)
Methylene chloride strippers will work best. Klean-Strip premium is pricy but the best that I have tried. It's quite toxic so work outside and wear good protection. link to msds here. It's a gel so it needs to be scraped of when spent. A plastic scraper or putty knife works well. Scrape it off as soon as it stops bubbling. I think that HD still carries it.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I agree, KleanStrip Premium will take that off lickety split. I don't find it offensive to work with, even indoors, but maybe that's just me. I can tell you it's a lot faster working when it and the wood are at normal room temperature. It'll take a lot longer the lower the temp.

I can't say how well the GF products I normally use would have done exposed to OxyClean, but I can tell you MinWax Polycrylic is not very hard and not very durable. After you get it stripped and prepped, you might (strongly) consider using a better product. GF's EnduroVar or Enduro Clear Poly would be better choices in my opinion. Or Arm-R-Seal or other oil based varnish of your choice.

John