Building an Ark. Tar?
So, I am not gonna use actual tar. Any suggestions on a substitute? I am not against a substitute that has no function but with marine poly over it. This will be a floating six foot model. I was thinking a dyed glue. I hadn't ever heard of anyone doing that.

Thoughts on a tar sub?
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
How 'bout a marine sealant like Sikaflex , kind of a modern day tar.
What color is that?
Comes in a bunch of colors, but all the examples on the page I linked to should be black. Another good one is 3M 5200, also available in black.
It comes in a couple colors. I have some black at the shop. How much do you need? I've got an open tube I could send you. It dries to a rubber and sticks to everything.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
You can get Sikaflex 291 Marine adhesive sealant in white or black. You could also use 3M 5200 marine sealant which is available in white, black, tan, or mahogany. Or 3M 4200 which is available in white and black.
The ratio is about 1 wide to 6 long so I will be doing about 1 foot by 6 feet. Less then a foot tall. Removable lid so the kids can see the levels.
That sounds like it is more that one tube and certainly more than the partial tube that I have. Just so you know it cures in 24 hours and it is quite shiny.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Scott W said:

The ratio is about 1 wide to 6 long so I will be doing about 1 foot by 6 feet. Less then a foot tall. Removable lid so the kids can see the levels.

So that would be 0.6773333333314548 X 4.063999999988729 Cubits. Got a Starrett tape measure for that?
Bob
An idea for Lee Valley. My manufacturing facilities have hit a snag.