Lee Valley alternative to Micro Fence Plunge base
Just saw this while browsing Lee Valley website
Veritas Plunge Base

I always had Micro Fence plunge base on my long term "wish list." Looking forward to the Veritas version.
I've had a Roto-zip for many years. It's come in handy for drywall cutouts, but I would never spend ~$200 to convert it to a precision router system!
Bob
For that money if it fit a Colt, or something that would do some work I'd be all over one, but for a Dremel tool, I agree that is a serious bunch of cash.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Steve N said:

For that money if it fit a Colt, or something that would do some work I'd be all over one, but for a Dremel tool, I agree that is a serious bunch of cash.

I'm with you, make it fit a dewalt 611 and a colt and I might be interested.

But my dremel doesn't see much use in shop, it might if I was making doll house furniture, maybe that's their market for these.

Duke
As much as I like Lee Valley/Veritas, I'm a bigger Microfence fan. I'm sorry they've headed this way.
JDuke said:

But my dremel doesn't see much use in shop, it might if I was making doll house furniture, maybe that's their market for these.

Duke

With an edge guide they make awesome grooves for inlay, but so does a Colt

GW
Luthiers will buy these. Not meant to compete with Micro Fence - for small, fine work. I'll be getting one for Arts and Crafts inlays.
this is great for doing the line part of line and berry, i.e. laying in stringing. a million times better than dremel's own plunge base and way cheaper than micro fence. That said, I can't imagine much use beyond that (or luthier stuff) ROB
If your Dremel is the 4000 you can do the same with a $25 add on

I guess that is why I am surprised Rob Lee and co. have gone after the Dremel tool as the only entrant for this base. Dremel already has a pretty rich line of tool accessories for peanuts, and they don't work too bad. The Bosch, and DeWalley routers have a few so so bases they sell, and then Microfence, which is just awesome, but let's not kid ourselves, that base is on a whole entire different price structure, and I just think it's hardly pays for them. You have to want a Microfence. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

GW