Some new un's
Walnut, maple, purpleheart and mystery wood abot 14x14

Maple, yellowheart, bloodwood, mystery wood and lots of veneer work 15" across

maple, purpleheart and chakta viga about 14" across

all comments and critiques welcome
Very impressive! My favorite is the second one. The form and finish is great on all three, IMO.
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
very nice work Angus.
I still like the segmenting better than open segmenting
love the way you incorporated the star
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Thats amazing...I need to learn that

Gotta hold off on the chuck till Christmas though...if I get it now I will never get and honey do's done for Christmas
For The Love Of Wood
The first one the feature ring really stands out with the PH and Maple and Zebrawood.

The second one the top does not take away from the feature ring at all and really adds eye catching appeal.

The third one is what I hope to make someday and that is open segmented turning. To me Chakta Viga does not stand out and I could not really see it unless you told me it was there. It could be how photos do things to art tho.

I have seen a new wood called Bali which looks almost like Zebrawood but not as expensive.

Thank you for sharing your turnings with us and I really hope more people do since I thing everyone has something to share.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Dara said:

Gotta hold off on the chuck till Christmas though...if I get it now I will never get and honey do's done for Christmas

Thank you for coming to Wood Turning forum and I really look forward to seeing what you make.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Dara said:

Well, I don't mean to put you behind on the honey do's. Buuuut, if it helps I never use a chuck on my segmented turnings. Faceplate with waste block only.
Thank you Arlin

Angus..I need to learn a bit before I do segmented I think
For The Love Of Wood
Those are some fine looking un's. Well done
Strong work Angus

You saved up enough for that new Lathe yet?