Grizzly shipping question
Anyone buy from Grizzly recently that can comment on shipping?

It's been 9 years since I bought my TS and BS from Grizzly. I found my online receipt and below is what they said for delivery. According to the receipt I paid $228 for delivery but I don't remember what that included. I remember the UPS driver brought an 18-wheeler with a lift gate. He then used a pallet jack to bring my TS to my garage and a dolly for my BS.

Grizzly shipping is now $150/machine. I thought maybe I paid the shipping company separately for the lift gate service, but can't remember. I kind of remember the Grizzly shipping only gets it to a freight depot and the customer is supposed to pick up but don't know if that's changed.

"The trucking company will notify you prior to delivery to make arrangements.
Your shipping location must be accessible by a tractor-trailer truck. Truck
drivers are also subject to a number of regulations, one of which is that
they are not required to give any assistance in unloading. Please be
prepared for this "curbside" delivery, as you are responsible for unloading
the item(s) and placing them in your shop. This normally takes a number of
"friends". "

Thanks,
Paul
You pay for lift gate service through Grizzly. They will ask if you order on the phone or it will be a check box if you order online. It is a $35 option here. I think it varies per location/shipper. I usually pick up at the terminal so I don't have to take a day off work and wait around all day.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Just bought a jointer that was delivered yesterday and it was $150.00 for shipping.I had it delivered to my office because we have a forklift and now I need to get to home in my pick up,worked for me so I didn't have to wait around or take a day off.I ordered it on Monday and was shipped on Wednesday. You can track it and they gave me an estimated day of delivery and it came on that day.The shipping company(Saia) called when when they were ready to delivery and said it would be here between 12:00 and 1:00 pm,it arrived at 12:36 and it was an easy process for me.
Thanks guys.

I guess I'll spring for the lift gate service again. We have a dock at work with a lift gate, but then I still have to rent a trailer to get it home and then still get it off the trailer. Probably a wash in the end to have it delivered to the house. I can telework so not a big deal for me to stay home that day.
What ya getting?
Coffee Man 2 said:

What ya getting?

I am so conflicted right now. Rockler has a 15% off Jet tool sale tomorrow with free shipping. That brings their JJP-12HH jointer planer down to around the same price as the comparable Grizzly jointer planer after shipping and the Jet has a 5 year warranty. I would have to buy a mobile base.

However, I am trying to decide whether it makes more sense to get an 8" jointer with helical head and a 15" planer with helical head both from Grizzly. They both have integrated mobile bases. It will cost me more, take up more space (which I may not have), but I just don't think the planer on the Jet is as beefy than a standalone one. The Jet jointer/planer also doesn't have infeed/outfeed tables in the planer mode. Even my Ridgid lunchbox does.

However, the Jet gets glowing reviews everywhere so for a hobbyist, I'm leaning towards Jet as the way to go.
I love my 19" grizzly bandsaw so I'm not a grizzly basher by any means but I would get the combo unit all day long over just an 8" jointer.
-Marc

I like separate tools. A wider jointer wold be nice but if you are going to have a 12" planer, you might as well have a lunch box
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I can only speak about my experience getting deliveries from Griz, but I just let it go to the shipping company, and figured I would deal with them once it was local. It has turned out all 3 of my deliveries have come to me by "UPS local" which I've been told is their arm for delivering bulky items to homeowners and small biz. All of their trucks have a liftgate, and at least in my area the drivers just off load to where ever you want it. The garage door to my shop allows for the truck to get close enough they can sit the liftgate right on my concrete pad, and they have rolled them all into my garage/barn with a palate jack. This may, or may not be the norm with other areas, but that has been my experience. If they talked about a tailgate fee, I'd have taken the truck/trailer to the dock, and driven it home.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have both of what you want and I am VERY pleased with them since 2010 and still work great.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.