Finished Another Project - GP No. 4 1/2 Drill
Another project finished this weekend...a Goodell Pratt No. 4 1/2 eggbeater drill. It was in rough shape when it arrived. Very rusty. All of the pins were stuck, as was the chuck. It was completely stripped, painted, polished, and refinished. The geared wheel was originally nickel plated, but that was long gone, so the owner asked for it to be painted to match his GP 5 1/2.

After reassembly and lubrication, it works as well now as when it was made. It will be headed back to its owner soon.

Before:

After:

Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Way nice, I love a good re-furb.

Ron
"which plane should I use for this task?......the sharp one"

http://www.breseplane.blogspot.com/
I'll bet the owner is very pleased.

Outstanding restoration work!
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Looks like new.
Nice...another old tool brought back from the dead!!!!!!
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Ron Brese said:

Way nice, I love a good re-furb.

Ron

So do I Ron,

But Bob is showing the visual part. The mechanical part has to be experienced to fully appreciate - it's like a precision tool in every way. I have one that he re-furbed and I reveal my age when I tell you that it "runs like a Singer sewing machine."

r2
I don't care what ya say.... that represents a lot of work and skill.

Very impressive!
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
I bet it didn't look that good when it was brand new.

Carl
Vury !
Ag
Sweet!!
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020