Show me your miter saw fence
Search didn't turn up much. What do you love about your fence? Hate about it? Got a picture? I need to build one as it's long overdue and while it seems like it should be simple, there are always a bajillion cool ideas out there that people have.
I published plans for a miter station in the May/June 2015 issue of WWJ.
My Miter Station

The fence is built into the cut shelf in the cabinets. If you do not need a portable miter saw set up, this one provides storage AND bench tops that do not interfere with using the saw.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Ralph that is about as good of an idea as I ever saw for a miter saw station. I have a love hate scenario with my miter saw. Love the saw hate the space it takes up. Looks like you have solved that problem. I may have to stoop over a bit to use your setup but that is a minor sacrifice IMHO. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us.
Kegler, thanks!

I am 6' tall, and have no issues having used the set up for a year now. That being said, the plans show the sides 2" higher than on my prototype. You can also cut the sides to whatever height would work for you.

Ralph
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Not a miter saw fence but an arm saw fence. The details might apply.
I used 2x2x1/8" aluminum angle from HD and applied a flexible PVC strip for the face. Sounds strange, but the PVC conforms to the angle and it works perfectly. A small dust rabbet where the face meets the table. Topped with the Kreg miter saw track hardware. The angled aluminum is secured to the table top with only 2, 1/4" bolts using T track. Again it seems minimal but it holds alignment without worry. I am not kind to it and slam stock against it.
See here:

The Kreg fixed stop is a pleasure to use. Solid!
Should have gotten you a pix of that.

Hope this helps.
Ag