Edge jointing without a proper bench...
Thought you guys would get a laugh out of this. This was Friday. On Saturday, my back told me it was a bad idea and that after this table is built, a work bench is next.

Semper fi,
Brad

Sawhorses, first.

You can do a lot, from waist high.
Get a couple of larger handscrews from Jorgensen and a pipeclamp
to hold them to the top of each sawhorse.

Working from your knees is for the really young.

There's not enough Ibuprofen in the World to get me planing, at ground level. yikes
I flatten on my table saw for now. I edge joint on the floor.

For now.
Semper fi,
Brad

Kill two birds with one stone. Get the "Naked Woodworker" and build sawhorses and a bench.
Love Mike's style.

It bears mentioning that his bench design is lower than waist high.
But it is taller than Brad's.
He calls the garage floor a bench?

Who knew.
What's wrong with a garage floor? I still have layout lines on mine from years ago; and ships started in a similar place, too. Called a lofting room.

But, yah ... I look at that picture and remember that NSAIDs burned a hole in my guts 15 years ago. I quit Oxycontin before it was famous--no need to pay advertising fees for that popular one. You could try Lyrica, or Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and experience addiction worse than morphine--Oxycontin same thing. But those narcotics pay advertising fees, so they are AOK.

[How I digress...]
Just read the article in FWW on Toshio Odate. He worked on the floor for decades, but now at 85 has had to give it up.