Repeatability with 15" planer
JGrout said:

I don't believe so.

The kit is pretty universal.

Joe

From their site, it fits most lunchbox planers.

They have some pics of mounts that other fudge fabricated to make them work on larger planers.
I use an Igaging instead of a Wixey. No problems except that I forget and leave it on for a few days every few weeks.
WoodNET... the new safespace

Ag
Another Wixey guy here. I have a Delta 15 and it took just a wee bit of fussing to mount, but not bad. One thing about the Wixey is it shuts off on its own after while, so saves batteries. The batteries in mine have to be a year old by now. On the other hand my original Wixey angle block seemed to go through batteries every few minutes..
I also have my tool box near the out feed of my planer, which makes it pretty easy to grab a 3/4 (or whatever) open end wrench as a go/no go gauge.
An example of "consistency is more important than exactness."

If you mill a piece to 0.744" it's generally not too important if all the related pieces are also 0.744"

JGrout said:

mill all stock in one setting is the best way.

AgGEM said:

Ag

Now that right there is just the cat's a$$!! Since you posted I'm assuming you're OK with us slugs copying your "gem". I had a Wixey on my DW 735 & it was not consistently repeatable.Barry replaced the readout but it still didn't work as I thought it should. Maybe I'm dense with digital but I think I can get my head around your approach.

Thank you!

g
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
shoottmx said:

Now that right there is just the cat's a$$!! Since you posted I'm assuming you're OK with us slugs copying your "gem". I had a Wixey on my DW 735 & it was not consistently repeatable.Barry replaced the readout but it still didn't work as I thought it should. Maybe I'm dense with digital but I think I can get my head around your approach.

Thank you!

g

Well, I am sure I saw it somewhere (like here on Woodnet).
It works well. Don't bump into it. Wish there was a perpendicular flat to the table milled onto the casting.
But, it dose work.
Ag
fredhargis said:

I put a Wixey on mine and find I can repeat thicknesses fairly well. Prior to that I just placed the target piece on the saw and kept checking the workpiece against it as i planed.

What Fred said. Also, when I first start a board, I'll take gross passes at the 12 and 6 o'clock alternating settings of the depth adjustment wheel until I get close, at which point I sneak up to it at every 1/4 turn (ie. 3, 6, 9, and 12 o'clock). So I know I'll get it pretty dead on.
I'm satisfied with the Wixey for repeatability as long as the battery doesn't die. Changing one means re calibrating.

I'm not too much for fiddling with gadgets unless I can see a read advantage. Here is what I did. Determine how much your planer moves with each rotation of the crank-maybe a 1/16th. Measure the thickness of your wood to determine how much you need to remove. Not the position of the crank and you will know exactly where to set the crank to give you the thickness that you need. Easy-peasy and no batteries to run down at a critical moment. Ken