Question for Saw Guys
Any one know anything about this. Etch reads REMCO USA Warranted Cast Steel. 16" saw plate. My first thought was a children's saw. Really nice handle fits my meat hooks. no medallion just 2 slotted domed saw nuts. Any one have any thoughts?

I don't know who your REMCO is, (there have been several different companies with that name according to Mr Google)

But your saw handle shape resembles the Disston "Imp", one of the saws Disston would etch to order for re-sellers such as hardware stores etc , (and maybe for REMCO )
The Imp is illustrated with a straight back (I'm not sure if your saw is straight backed )
1918 Disston catalogue for the Imp lists a saw size range from 12" to 30", although they may never have produced the extreme short or long sizes.
It looks like your saw has brass screws which means it likely pre-dates 1947-ish when plated steel screws took over
Dunno - but with that green paint on the handle it must be one of Marv's old ones.
The manufacturer sure didn't waste money on saw screws.
Hey!!!

That's not John Deere green....
Catchalater,
Marv

I did then what I knew how to do. Now that I know better, I do better.”
― Maya Angelou

I'm working toward my PHD.  (Projects Half Done)
A little dark, but I thought it might just be some of that patina I heard about.