Interesting Pop Woodworking article
Check out Megan Fitzpatrick's article titled "Shop-made Sandpaper" page 10. In it she kind of pokes fun at people who restore old tools or builds their own. Alot of this was probably meant to be sarcastic and in jest but I'm not sure it translated very well. Strange article, especially for the editor, to write in a mag where many of their readers probably rehab and/or make their own tools.
I subscribe to PW so this doesn't particularly apply to me, but distributing this PDF to the entire WoodNet forums group is probably not kosher.

Just sayin'
True. I saw the link on another forum and wasn't thinking and just reposted it. I deleted the link.
It was obviously meant in humor. If that humor isn't funny to you, so be it. Nonetheless I am certain that Megan never intended to show a lack of respect for the rehabbers, as she is rehabbing an older home she purchased and has rehabbed quite a bit of old furniture. I saw it as a tongue in cheek article and nothing more.

She is a lot smarter and much classier than to throw stones at the industry that puts bread on her table and gives her so much personal enjoyment.

My 2 cents worth and not intended as a flame.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
joemac said:

It was obviously meant in humor. If that humor isn't funny to you, so be it. Nonetheless I am certain that Megan never intended to show a lack of respect for the rehabbers, as she is rehabbing an older home she purchased and has rehabbed quite a bit of old furniture. I saw it as a tongue in cheek article and nothing more.

She is a lot smarter and much classier than to throw stones at the industry that puts bread on her table and gives her so much personal enjoyment.

My 2 cents worth and not intended as a flame.

QFT
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
I know I will likely offend someone with this post
Megan's writing often has a quirky bend to it. It usually works well for me, but clearly not for everyone. No flame intended.
The title of the article, Shop-made Sandpaper, should be the first clue. Even the most dedicated DIYer, maker of his own tools Neander would be highly unlikely to want to build his or her own sandpaper.
But if I decide to make some sandpaper, where can I get different grits of sand?
An attempt at a little levity is always welcome even if it sometimes isn't real successful.
I am not offended. Nevertheless it was a crappy editorial, kind of a waste of bandwidth.
I thought that the article was really funny. There are always things that others do that make sense for them, but not someone else. Lot's of people have a strong opinion of their chosen path.
Hey - she's a Shakespearean scholar - her humor's likely to tend toward the strong flavors, from reading all those plays of Will's.

I haven't read it yet; still working my way through a backlog of magazines.