My latest Bevel-Up Plane
This one is made with Stainless, Bronze, and Ebony. If I hadn't made the adjuster, I'd probably be a bit confused at what I was looking at... so, let me explain.

The top screw applies downward pressure onto the blade. The pin shaped end of the screw fits into a hole in the adjustment mechanism. This creates a pivot point.

The back stemmed knob drives a 1/2'' diameter pin via a 1/4''-40 screw. The pin fits into a corresponding hole in the blade. This controls the depth of cut.

The thumb wheel has internal threads (also 1/4''-40). It drives a bar left or right. The bar is fit tightly inside the planes side walls. This allows you to skew the entire apparatus and blade within the plane body.

The end result is a tight adjustment mechanism. Best of all, it allows the user to make very precise depth and skew adjustments "on the fly". There's no kneed to loosen the blade, make test cuts, or any other finicky things... just dial in your cut, go to town, and adjust as you see fit to.
The Lazarus Handplane Co. by Lazarus 13, on Flickr
Ok, that's freakin' COOL!!!!

Nice work!
See ya around,
Dominic
------------------------------
Don't you love it when you ask someone what time it is and to prove how smart they are, they tell you how to build a watch?
That is so freaking cool. Beautiful!

Just noticed that your in Louisville. I am right down the road in Radcliff.
Scoony said:

That is so freaking cool. Beautiful!

Just noticed that your in Louisville. I am right down the road in Radcliff.

I didn't realize that either. I'm about 40 miles up the Ohio river.
I just noticed that I'm in Louisville, too... landed here a year ago.
When I see your planes I tend to think "Mechanical Age" mixed with the flowing curves. Then I am left speechless.

SO if I drive to Kentucky, can I see your shop. Can I? Can I? Huh. huh?
Other than the obvious mechanical constraints of design, is there a particular method in design you follow. Or do you just wing it with a general design floating around in your head?
BontzSawWorks.net
Great looking plane! I Love the front handle it is very se.. (may not whrite that)
You need to find a new pursuit to challenge your skills because YOU are the master. (need a bow emoticon)
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
pprobus said:

You need to find a new pursuit to challenge your skills because YOU are the master. (need a bow emoticon)

It's like Pablo Casals, legendary cellist and conductor. In an interview at age 90, Mr. Casals was asked why he continued to practice at his advanced age. Mr. Casals responded "Because I think I'm making progress".

Congrats to Mr. Panzica... I think he's making progress
Zachary Dillinger
https://www.amazon.com/author/zdillinger

Author of "On Woodworking: Notes from a Lifetime at the Bench" and "With Saw, Plane and Chisel: Making Historic American Furniture With Hand Tools",