PSA - Music Wire
I picked up a roll of .071 music wire at an estate sale last Friday. I understand that this wire might be usable for making small springs.

If you need to make a small spring, and can use this size wire, send me a PM - I'll gladly share.

Thanks to enjuneer for pointing this item out to me.

r2
I wonder if it would work for burning wire for turning?
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
joemac said:

This is thin wire, so if it will work as burning wire, the burn will be very narrow.

If you want to try it, send your address via PM.

r2
joemac said:

I was wondering the same thing when I seen it.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I like softer wire for that. I use picture hanging wire, Joe.
joemac said:

Those are pretty thick strings, as far as music strings go, much larger than what you would normally use for bowls, pens, or other spindle work. The largest diameter acoustic guitar string is around 0.040 to 0.045 inches in diameter, for comparison. The largest diameter wire in the KC bowl turners wire burning set is 0.045" in diameter. Bass guitar strings are much thicker. You can buy individual strings at your local music store, and avoid any shipping costs. One string can burn a LOT of bowls or pens before wearing out.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Thanks Mike.
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
I use mandolin strings.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Allan

I made a burn wire out of Bailing Wire from around the farm. Now that is some thick stuff but it does look nice for some turnings.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Me three