Arm-R-Seal over Transtint dye
I am applying transtint dye to a maple plywood TV stand that I am making. I used distilled water to mix the dye and it is a pleasure to apply, really like the uniformity of the result. How long should I let it cure before I apply the finish? To the touch, it seams to be quite dry in 24 hrs, it's pretty dry in Colorado.

I am using Arm-R-Seal over the dye and my first thought is to apply it with a foam brush. Or is there an advantage to wiping it on? I've tried it once and was not happy with the process but that could be a lack of practice? With Arm-R-Seal, how would I dilute it to wipe it on?
Mats
Woodmats,

I'm pretty sure that you can just wipe it on if it is oil based (MS solvent).
From General Finishes website: Arm-R-Seal topcoats are ... formulated to be wiped on with a cloth or applied with a foam brush, thus eliminating drips and sags.

Doug
You can apply it with a paper towel or brush. I like blue shop towels for wiping and don't thin it unless the surface is very large. I have found thinning it about 25% to be very helpful in getting it to flow out when applying it with a foam brush.

John
Thanks guys! I read the instructions on the back of the can and it said to wipe it on but typically, you see suggestions to thin it. My stand has 2 banks of drawers and equipment shelves in the middle so they are quite small so based on what you're saying, I should not need to thin it. The top is 60" x 24" so that may be more challenging but that's a week off so I can practice on the smaller surfaces first . John, I saw your suggestion about using shop towels in another thread so I got a couple of rolls and I am ready to go.

According to the can, I only need to let the waterbased dye dry for 2 hours before I can put on the finish but I think I will let it dry for a day, to be safe.
Mats
Let it dry for at least 8 hours, 24 hours being even better.

John
Thanks John! That's what I plan to do. I'm trying out the finish on the first panel tonight. I'm not sure that it is recommended but since some panels are hard to get at when assembled, I'm applying the finish prior to assembly. Just plan to keep the finish off the glue joint areas.
Mats