delta 46-745 lathe repair question
I bought a used delta 46-745 lathe. More lathe than I need but its a good problem to have. I was hoping I could get some help and advice in getting a hold of some out of service parts. Also need help on a frozen headstock eccentric lever
For parts I am looking to buy switch and switch plate, head stock lever.

Now for the help needed. The eccentric lever is frozen in place. It wont move at all. I have been putting WD on it for a couple of weeks now and gently tapping it to see if it would break its grip. So far no luck. Anybody have an idea of how best to loosen it. I think part of the problem is that I don’t have a level for it so I have been using a long bolt to try and move it. Thanks for the advice.

I think I would be taking it apart piece by piece until I got to the root of the issue......

JMO
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I'm not familiar with your lathe,googled the lathe and came up with the following.
Replacement parts website
Headstock Eccentric # 434100420004 $43.42
Lever # 434080670002 $14.92
Lever # A 04167 $18.03

Two separate levers listed,the A04167 looks like a bolt,the other lever is different . You can get the manual too .
What does the eccentric do?Can heat from a heat gun be applied?
If the eccentric turns the head stock ,I'm guessing here as I do not know what the eccentric actually does,then possibly there is a locking pin or device you may have not seen.Look on the Grizzly website for switches.I know that many of Delta switches are the exact same as Grizzly,less expensive too.
mike
I just looked at mine. You have already removed the nuts from the U bolt. Why can't you remove the plate on the bottom??? Are the threads holding it (jammed) in place?

The U bolt goes over the eccentric on the shaft, which in turn pulls up on the T plate to lock the head.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
Dave

The guys who would know the most in is Wood turning and should post it there. I know you would get the most help there.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
woodhead said:

I just looked at mine. You have already removed the nuts from the U bolt. Why can't you remove the plate on the bottom??? Are the threads holding it (jammed) in pl

The U bolt goes over the eccentric on the shaft, which in turn pulls up on the T plate to lock the head.

Al

Al, thanks. The bottom is cast iron. I am able to remove the u bolt. I will see if I can remove the side plate without having to remove the motor. I was just lookinga t the parts diagram and there looks to be a set screw on the side of the eccentric lever. Not sure what it does. Will know more in the next 2 weeks.
I see now the T plate is off and that is the guide for the ways to keep the head in line. The set screw looks like it retains the eccentric shaft. You might be able to do that, but it looks like the hand wheel will have to come off.

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
The stuck shaft needs to be turned clockwise to disengage the head for movement. Maybe it went too far CCW and is binding on the set screw?

Al
I turn, therefore I am!