Are these for a brace?
https://madison.craigslist.org/tls/5352257596.html

Looks like a good deal. Are they any good?

Pedro
I miss nested quotes..........
Yes, they are; and Greenlee was a respected brand, so I would expect them to be good tools. They are not Jennings pattern, which people nowadays prefer for hardwoods. If the lead screw has a coarse thread, they're probably more suited to softwoods. Only way to know is to look.
PedroOhare said:

Looks like a good deal. Are they any good?

Yes and Yes. Those are a steal at that price, assuming they aren't messed with. Greenlee bits are high quality and that type of bit will do just about any job well. I have that same set here in my shop. It's the only set of bits I have and they've never let me down.

Grab 'em!

Josh
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Piling on, but......RUN, don't walk.....
Greenlee= A+
te
Bill_Houghton said:

Yes, they are; and Greenlee was a respected brand, so I would expect them to be good tools. They are not Jennings pattern, which people nowadays prefer for hardwoods. If the lead screw has a coarse thread, they're probably more suited to softwoods. Only way to know is to look.

FWIW, I prefer the Irwin bits for all woods. I have a set of Jennings, but I don't get the attraction. I think like most things (Bedrocks) people like them because they're rarer. Feel free to flame me

And yeah, buy those suckers, its a great price.
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
I've sent a message that I will take them if he is willing to wait till Friday for me to drive to pick them up. We'll see.

Pedro
It's Craigslist.

If you want him to hold the item, send him PayPal.
Otherwise, the first with cash wins.

I'm just sayin...
You are probably right. But you never know and I am not that determined to get them. My son has hockey games today and tomorrow night and the earliest I can drive out there is Friday.

Pedro