Who's Using Windows 10?
I'm interested to know who's using Windows 10, especially anyone who upgraded from Windows 7, and what your experience has been. Like it, hate it, wish you had never made the move, wish you had made the mover sooner? Tell me. Thanks.

John
I upgraded my old Del from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything was slooow. Took one hour just to log onto Google. Eventually I got a new HP computer (Windows 10)with 4 GB system memory and 500 GB Hard drive.
The 5 year old computer may have been slow from starting with a large program and smaller RAM. Don't know.
The new computer, 27 Inch Samsung monitor ($170?);Word, Excel, Notepad, and Powerpoint ($100), and two year warranty were about $630 at Staples on Black Friday.
With my fast cable the new system is fast as hell. I had spent about four days trying to get the old computer up to par but could not by myself. Could not see spending a few hundred to have someone fix it when a new computer does not cost that much extra.
Love the Windows 10 and the Monitor is wonderful.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
I have Windows 10 on my new desktop, but not on this laptop I'm on at the moment.
10 is nice as long as you have the hardware to support it.
There's a lot of little things that are different that took some getting used to such as the back button being lost to the left of the explorer window and other options and settings being in different places or pathways. I still have a lot to learn about it - just haven't taken time to do so. But overall no real complaints.
My son had windows 8 for a while before upgrading to 10 on his machine. From what he showed me about 8 I would've hated it, but 10 is better. He likes it a lot better too. I guess the difference in 8 to 10 is akin to Windows Vista to Windows 7.

The thing about the microsoft os that gets me are the color schemes. Having color deficient vision I prefer the look of older windows operating systems - no later than Windows XP. I don't like the optional color schemes they have in 7 and I don't know yet about 10.
Ray
I had it on a laptop we are giving my daughter for christmas. Same hardware, 10 runs faster than 7 but there isn't a camera driver for Windows 10 so I had to put 7 back on it. As windows OSes go its pretty good. My previous experience with it was on a laptop that has issues other than the operating system
I put it on our server to ensure it would work. It did. An upgrade from Windows 7.

We bought a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. It works like Windows 7.

The only issues we had were when we had Windows 7 on the server and Windows 10 on the surface.

The surface could not find the server. I put a shortcut to the server on the Surface desktop and that gave us the functionality we needed.

The wireless network was slow. It would often stop or disconnect. It made installing and running some programs impossible. But we have a USB network dongle coming this week. That should solve the issue.

At some point later this money we will put 10 on our other 7 computers. The free upgrade.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
I upgraded a few year old laptop from 7 to 10 seamlessly a couple of months ago. A week ago my HP printer quit responding to this computer only...Windows 7 desktop kept working and Android devices. Finally got that resolved - I am fairly certain it was HPs problem more than Windows 10, but it was a hitch in the changeover.
Thanks everyone. To be specific, I'm considering the upgrade on a:

Toshiba Satellite P855 with an Intel i7 processor running at 2.3 GHz
Ram of 8 GB
64 bit OS

Sound OK to do it?

Thanks.

John
Loml's new computer I built I pit win 7 on cause we can't stand windows hate I mean 8. I upgraded it to 10 shortly after it was available. A few minor issues at first but we're fixed pretty quick. Computer runs faster on 10 than it did on 7. So far it's been rock solid with no crashes. It's a gaming computer with only two monitors and the only issues were with memory leaks but that has been an ongoing issue for years which is not an on issue.

Her new laptop and mine both came with 8 and were upgraded as soon as I plugged them in. Both have been perfectly stable.

Her old gaming computer I built a couple years ago I also upgraded to 10 is running faster on 10 than it did on 7. It's a dedicated fsx computer now and I have stripped it down to basics. It is running 3 monitors.

On all I have done a bit of the usual customizing by disabling things etc. Overall I am happy with win 10. Very stable and have had no issues with drivers with the exception of one really old usb wireless adapter I tried to use but it was junk when it was new anyway.
John: "I'm considering the upgrade on a:
Toshiba Satellite P855 with an Intel i7 processor running at 2.3 GHz
Ram of 8 GB
64 bit OS"

You should really consider a large monitor such as the Samsung 27 inch. It is sharp and has excellent colors; you can put two pages side by side for working..a document you are referencing and a page you are writing.
Paul from the beautiful mid-coast of Maine (USA)
I got W10 last summer when it was 1st available on my 6 year old laptop. The desktop is the same as W7 so I didn't notice any major differences. I'm not using their new browser, Edge, mainly because there is no "AdBlock" for it, it is totally supported by advertising. Being on a Hughes dish, my BW is limited and throughput is slower than cable so I don't need any unnecessary traffic. All my software converted seamlessly to W10 so basically there is no real difference. W10 has lots more fluff and bloatware but they lie unused. Beware that MS Cloud service is free now but not forever. My stuff resides on my disk.