Last batch of turnings for this Christmas I think
Mostly bird house ornaments, various domestic woods. The birds are made from ebony(thanks Pinky) and Holly. Two piece tops from ornament left overs.

Steve K

Very nice great display.
Wow......someday that will be me (I can dream, can't I?)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Steve

I still like your tree that you make and how nice the ornaments always are.

This time I see some new kind of birds there. Did you make them or buy them? If you bought them where?

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Very nice!
I'm slow, but I do poor work.
fredhargis said:

Wow......someday that will be me (I can dream, can't I?)

Fred; they are easier than you think for sure.
Steve K

Arlin Eastman said:

Steve

I still like your tree that you make and how nice the ornaments always are.

This time I see some new kind of birds there. Did you make them or buy them? If you bought them where?

Arlin

Arlin; I made them, if you look closely they are very simple, just a couple of tear drop shapes. Here are three short videos to show how to do them. First one is a little blurry, sorry.

bh10

BH11

BH12
Steve K

Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

I've never made them myself - Hobby Lobby has a bunch of plastic MIC birds for a few bucks that look surprisingly good. They're in the dollhouse department.

Some neat variations on the theme Steve - especially like the bird on top peeking over rather than being on the perch or inside... going to have to use that idea.
"I'm glad being trapped in the woods hunted by an insane militia made you ask the big life questions."

Check out my Project Blog
Ruler2112 said:

[blockquote]Arlin Eastman said:

Arlin

I've never made them myself - Hobby Lobby has a bunch of plastic MIC birds for a few bucks that look surprisingly good. They're in the dollhouse department.

Some neat variations on the theme Steve - especially like the bird on top peeking over rather than being on the perch or inside... going to have to use that idea.

[/blockquote]

First! Thanks to all who replied!

Please do use the idea, I would like to see your version, so be sure and post pics!
Steve K