Long day's drive
But totally worth it!

I worked out a deal with Dave Jeske of Blue Spruce tools to buy 700 of my African blackwood turning squares. A great deal for and a way to divest myself of the squares that call makers don't want.

I drove from Bothell, WA to Sandy, OR this morning and met Dave and his NC programmer, Mike. He was kind enough to give my the nickel tour of his small shop. They have spent considerable effort re-purposing old arn (metal working mills, lathes and some old Davis & Wells machines) to work for making the wood handles and the metal components, including a couple new tools; a cool little square and sliding T bevel.

He told me about their processes and suppliers and showed me a map of where his tools have ended up world wide (even a buyer in Fiji!).

My hat's off to Dave and his team. A very cool shop making great tools. He even gave my the small chisel (in African blackwood!)below as a parting gift.

Cellulose runs through my veins!
Now that's cool. I own more than a few Blue Spruce chisels, and I don't think there's better workmanship. Plus, Bruce is one of the most genuine and nice guys around.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I want a tour, but it's an even longer drive for me
"If I had eight hours to cut down a tree, I'd spend six hours sharpening my axe."

My Woodworking Blog: A Riving Home
Dave Jeske's nice too; even when he's known as "Blue Spruce Bruce".