Garage door opening by itself - need advise on how to fix
Hoping I can get advise for problems with my garage door. I just moved into this house and fixed the garage door. Everything is working fine except for one thing. It keeps opening by itself. I have come home multiple times now with the door open. I suspect that one of the neighbors has an opener that works for it. I have tried to reset the controls but have had no luck. I am hoping to avoid having to buy a new motor. Pictures of the unit below. Any advise on what I can do would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Dennis

Check here starting at page 23:
Liftmaster Manual

Looks like you need to physically change the DIP switches on the remote and then have the motor/receiver "learn" it.
Yes you have the same frequency as someone else in the area. Ride down the street and use your remote. You probably can open their door. Or it is a device that is using the same frequency. Need to change. If you have the manual it will tell you or use that link that was provided.
John T.
My opener with a rolling code system was giving me fits once, and I noticed the door would open or close when my neighbor's did. Turns out, when I programmed a new car's Homelink system, the neighbor must have opened his door when I was 'teaching' the door opener the code from the car. Took me a while to figure it out.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Newer garage door operators have pressure sensing to avoid crushing pets and humans. This is adjustable.

In the summer I found that the door would open automatically. The concrete apparently had expanded in the warm weather and caused the pressure sensing switch to trigger.

That pressure is adjustable. Check that first.

It acted up again when I added the weather seal on the bottom. A simple screwdriver adjustment on the unit.

Mine is a Sears model so you will have to check the owner's manual on how to adjust that.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Have you considered opening the neighbors door enough times that HE resets his and you don't have to?
Mike

Non impediti ratione cogitationis
thanks for the advise. The issue I am having is this garage door opener is old and it does not have the manual code numbers. I guess I am stuck and may end up buying a new one. I will try and cut the wire antenna to reduce the range of the remote sensitivity. Maybe it will work for mine but not for the neighbors.
deeno said:

thanks for the advise. The issue I am having is this garage door opener is old and it does not have the manual code numbers. I guess I am stuck and may end up buying a new one. I will try and cut the wire antenna to reduce the range of the remote sensitivity. Maybe it will work for mine but not for the neighbors.

Did you see my post?
brnhornt said:

Did you see my post?

Yes and thanks. My remote is a small aftermarket type that goes with the car keys. When I got it it worked automatically without any programing. I do not think it has the switches in it. I know the garage door does not. It also does not seem to allow me to wipe out all programed remotes.
deeno said:

[blockquote]brnhornt said:

Did you see my post?

Yes and thanks. My remote is a small aftermarket type that goes with the car keys. When I got it it worked automatically without any programing. I do not think it has the switches in it. I know the garage door does not. It also does not seem to allow me to wipe out all programed remotes.

[/blockquote]

If you look at the bottom right image on page 23 of the manual. It shows you the SmartButton and Indicator Light. Which I see present on the pictures you posted. There are no switches to adjust on the opener/motor itself. You change the frequency that the remotes talk on, press the SmartButton, and then press the open button on the remote. Problem solved.