Anyone remember the door makers in Liberia?
I saved the pics but I lost them. Anyone remember that thread?

I think it was Liberian.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11
Pretty sure it's born on date was way over a year ago. Are you sure it was bumped. I started through my favs at 1 year ago, and scrolled slowly. No Liberian, or Liberia, but I'm not sure that it wasn't something like cabinet shop, or door maker shop......
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I remember it. It was more of a general woodworking shop. They may have just happened to be making doors at that time.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Yeah. It was semi outdoors.
Is this it?

If yes, here's the link. Just scroll down around half way.

Liberia
That could be. It is not the one I remember but it fits the OPs description better.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Thanks for the link/effort. This wasn't it. Cool pics nonetheless.

The one i am looking for showed the rickety workbench and a StanlyNo. 5 that as I recall was chipped or broken. My point is i am trying to find these pics so I can show a friend that you don't need $1k to start woodworking and I thought that thread was the best I have seen for it. I saved the pics but I can't find then now.
Then I would show him this - you don't even need hands to do woodworking.

web page

Steve
Thanks for posting that...i guess I can never feel sorry for myself again.
Sentayehu Teshale is a whole Man in every measure I can think of. Guy took Lemons, and made himself some tasty Lemonade.

The thread I was thinking of though was an open air affair, like under a tent/awning, and the guy only had about 2 tools, and was making doors, and they were square, and appeared to be well fitted. I've seen guys with 25k in tools couldn't come close to what he was doing IIRC it was a member who was on either a vacation, or a mission, and observed it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW