Weird electrical problem.
So we plugged our christmass lights into an outdoor outlet and they worked. 1/2 hour later we unplugged them and ran a few cords. When we plugged back in the outlet was dead.
This was in front of the house. The master bath outlet, and an outlet on a rear wall of the house, which is inside the lanai, were also dead.
All breakers have power thru them.
The house is 21 years old.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
You probably tripped a GFCI outlet that's somewhere on that circuit. Good luck finding it.
Joe
Most likely, the GFCI as has been mentioned. Keep in mind that a GFCI outlet that has been tripped may cut off power to downstream outlets.

Don't know if you physically switched the breaker off and then back on, but if haven't, try that. I've had tripped breakers that physically did not appear to have been tripped.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
master bath outlet a gfci?
GFI for sure.
GFCI in garage??

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
I love this Forum.
Turned out to be a GFCI outlet in our guest bath we never use.
I should have looked at all outlets. Especially when the master bath didn't have a GFCI. Duh!
It's great being a member of the forum, with people who are eager to help others out.
Thanks again.
Merry Christmas
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
And FWIW, that kind of chaining is no longer allowed, with outdoor receptacles on bathroom or kitchen GFCI protected receptacle circuits. But it was real common before that. Whatever the minimum allowed by the NEC was, that's what you usually got.

And merry Christmas to you, too.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
TDKPE said:

And FWIW, that kind of chaining is no longer allowed, with outdoor receptacles on bathroom or kitchen GFCI protected receptacle circuits. But it was real common before that. Whatever the minimum allowed by the NEC was, that's what you usually got.

And merry Christmas to you, too.

QFT. In the 80's, you got ONE & only one GFI plug.
Outside the garage in the driveway.
The rest of the house was fed off that one plug.
I had an electrician come in to solve a similar problem. Exactly half the house was without electricity. It turned out to be a short in one of the wall outlets. Apparently the front of the house and the rear of the house are separated in the electrical's.

It cost me $125.00 to find the problem--It took him over an hour to check all the wall sockets until he came to the one shorting out.

Worst of all I was the one who put in that wall outlet.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.