Milk paint with oil or wax?
I am getting ready to finish a 6 board chest I built as a toy box. I plan on painting it with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. The MMSMP website recommends adding either hemp oil or wax (or both) on top of the paint.

Any personal experience with either? Any recommendations?

Thanks
KMC said:

I am getting ready to finish a 6 board chest I built as a toy box. I plan on painting it with Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint. The MMSMP website recommends adding either hemp oil or wax (or both) on top of the paint.

Any personal experience with either? Any recommendations?

Thanks

Haven't used "Miss Mustard Seed Milk Paint" but have used the powdered stuff from www.milkpaint.com and www.realmilkpaint.com. Both look chalky when applied and dried. Even after three coats. So with a quick sand between coats to level (messy) I've used BLO, paste wax and wiping varnish to make the paint color "pop" a bit. So far, I've liked the results from a coat of BLO followed several days later by some paste wax.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Yes, I would use both. A good wipe down with the oil followed a few days latter with a good burnishing with the wax.

Post some pics of the results
Thanks guys. I will go with both oil and wax.