thought someone might enjoy this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8vJ11cXLs4
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Thank you for posting this video about the marvelous Japanese joinery. Maybe those masters have big problems too, but they don't have to work with dust masks, ear protection, face protection, and ongoing awareness of potential danger. Power tools are great, but hand tools seem more rewarding.
Now I always use a splitter. Learned the easy way.
Thank you for posting. That was a great video.
Captjack

Thank you for posting this video. It is charming and inspiring. It makes me feel that, although I cannot reach that level of craftsmanship, I can do better in design and execution. That is, if I can give up my hurry-scurry-worry attitude. Also, since I do not have a drawer full of planes I am entitled to get some more. But I aint going to work on the floor.

Doug
Thanks for posting. I am a viewer of NHK-TV in the Philadelphia area. Missed this.
Thanks again
Your all welcome, Im glad others found it interesting also. I agree I would not care to work on the floor either, although I does save one the cost of an expensive bench and vises.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Very nice. Thank you for posting. I was particularly impressed with the technique of drawing planes toward the craftsman rather than that of pushing the plane away from the craftsman as we do in the west.
Im glad you enjoyed the video Bill, some times I turn my planes around and pull them toward me. on some cuts I feel I have more control that way. Give it a try sometime.
captjack said:

Im glad you enjoyed the video Bill, some times I turn my planes around and pull them toward me. on some cuts I feel I have more control that way. Give it a try sometime.

Will do. Most interesting. Also a good reason to look into more shaped planes.