Special Panel Saw
Hi Netters,

we don't want to bore you by showing another panel saw after having introduced a very similar one a few weeks ago.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthreads...=&fpart=all

This one actually is our first one we made this way.

Looks pretty much like the previous one, doesn't it? OK, it lacks the label screw. But that's not the main difference. It's the size Here it is gently balanced against a 10" dovetail saw.

It's scaled 1:3 Starting as a fun project, it turned out soon to be rather challenging since we didn't want to make a fake just looking like the original. We did it in a way that compares to the making of a regular saw. It has polished stainless screws and nuts, a MOP inlay, the axeshaped handle nose, a carved lambs tongue and even a nib at the toe of the blade. It's toothed at 20 tpi but still needs to be sharpened. I'm pretty sure that it will work fine after Pedder had sharpened it.

To get an idea, here some pics showing some parts. The spines I slotted myself at the width of 0.008". The spines shall serve for a mini-sash saw and a mini-dovetail saw. These aren't finished yet.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Klaus
That's one sweet miniature and I'm sure it would be quite useful.
That's fantastic!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Boy is that neat or what. It looks like it would make a perfect starter saw for kids hands. Easy to hold and easy to use.

Arlin
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I knew you guys could knock this out of the park!!
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/
I am thoroughly impressed!

It's so much fun to do detail work on a very small object. Then when you go back to work on something regular size, it often feels enormous.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop