Earlex 5500 or Fuji 2202?
I'm getting to the point where I want to start spraying some finished pieces. I've been using gel stains and I'm not unhappy with them, but I want to start spraying shellac and lacquer. Both machines get good reviews and there's only $100 difference. Which would you folks recommend?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I have the Earlex prior to the 5500 and like it a lot. I mainly spray shellac and waterborne; they are great. I have sprayed latex with it but that is a big pain and required flotrol. I haven't sprayed lacquer with it but suspect that you may want to thin it a little. Earlex customer service is great (I managed to loose a part, don't ask). I've never used Fuji but a couple friends have them and like the a lot. I realize that this isn't much help but I feel that they are pretty much same same.
homo homini lupus
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Quodcumque potest manus tua facere instaner opere Ecclesiastes
I have the Earlex 5500 and couldn't be happier. I have sprayed BM Advance (10% thinned); shellac #1 & #1.5; transtint in H2o; and SW Dull-rubbed lacquer & Medium-rubbed lacquer (without thinning).

I pointed out in my last post on the 5500 that the spongy filter on the bottom is insufficient to keep the air clean. I bought a 5" x 10" x 1" (or thereabouts) HEPA filter at HD and taped it to the bottom of the 5500. Then put the unit on a small dolly bought at HF. Makes it totally mobile and a pleasure to use.

I have no connection to any of the above entities.

Joel
USN (Corpsman) 1968-1972
USAF Retired Aug 31, 1994
Santa Rosa County, Fl Retired Jun 1, 2012
Now just a hobbiest enjoying woodworking!