Protected trailer lights
After converting a small boat trailer into a utility trailer, I have had problems with tail lights breaking. Especially when I take the stake sides off and use as a flat bed.
I found these, LED lights, that are made in USA, and have a lifetime warranty. $23.00 delivered.

I welded a couple of pieces of bed frame, angle iron, to form a "C" channel, to mount the lights in, and welded to the trailer frame. The channel should protect the lights. " />
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
That type of strip light is also becoming popular on van (cargo) type trailers, but mounted vertically, next to the door(s).
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Give me a few days using that trailer- I could figure a way to break them.
daddo said:

Give me a few days using that trailer- I could figure a way to break them.

Shouldn't take that long. Just back into a solid post. Bed iron will only protect from a light bump.
Nice looking installation.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
I have not fully busted up any taillights, but I have cracked a few. They really do need to be protected.

These are a pretty easy off the shelf solution.

Note that they are not fully welded though. They are only tacked together, and loosely at that. They rattle when you receive them.

I welded them up and ran conduit to them too. One less bit of exposed wiring for the dog to chew.

Varmint wiring things up with a junction block inside (I take full advantage of those smaller hands whenever possible):

The lights passed their 1st. test yesterday. While in a fast food drive thru line, some butt, in a pickup smashed into the trailer. The person, gets out of his truck, cursing about the trailer being too low to be seen!
No damage to trailer or lights.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer