Tite-Marks and Veritas Wheel Marking Gauges
I recently took a dovetail class and got to use one of the Tite_Marks marking gages. Its just a lot better that my shop fox and cuts very nicely. My question has anyone used the Veritas Wheel gages. Lets face it they are a lot cheaper, but do they work as good. Anyone have experience with both.
RonL
Buy a Titemark from Lee Valley tools.
Get a Veritas version at the same time.

Keep the one you like best, return the other.
I have both and prefer the Tite-Mark. The barrel adjuster is just fantastic. I do have one stainless steel Veritas gauge that I like for small work. It has two marking heads and is a copy of one that Stanley made back in the day. The Veritas one is no longer made.
I was given a Veritas wheel gauge, and I already had a Tite-Mark. It is very handy to have at least two gauges set to differing needs during a project. I will say that I don't feel like the Veritas thumbscrew is quite as snug, but I haven't experienced a failure to hold. The Veritas gauge I have is not the micro-adjust model. Since my Tite-mark has the two screws it just seems more secure. Perhaps the Veritas micro-adjust model would be equally so. Either way, if funds are the main concern, the Veritas is a good tool, better than the pin gauges I had long ago.
I love my Veritas wheel marking guage. Never had a problem with the setting slipping. Also have the dual marking guage for mortices. Yep, work well, and the plain marking guage is not expensive.

Roger
I've had both a long, and a short TiteMark before LV sold a good gauge. I know I can depend on them, every time, not sure about price, but I never felt cheated, and likely I paid more than you will now that there is competition.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The Veritas marking gauge is a steal and if value (money and tool quality taken into consideration as a whole) is your prime concern, the Veritas is hands down the best deal.

Simon
I have both and I much prefer the Tite-Mark. It has the micro adjust and it just feels more substantial (it's heavier). The Veritas is very nice, don't get me wrong. Just my personal preference.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I use my Veritas all the time. It's the one with the markings but with out the fine adjustment. Once again, a great bang for the buck.
BontzSawWorks.net
I've had both and much prefer the Tite-Mark.

Since we're talking gauges, for a great budget gauge, take a look at the LV 3 in 1 brass gauge. My favorite gauge is a Hamilton.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com